5G vs Cable: Benefits & security risks
On 12 April 2021, Cyberwatching.eu and European Digital SME Alliance are organising a workshop "5G vs Cable: Benefits & Security Risks" to discuss the future of 5G for the industry and modern attacks.
The current 5G discussion focuses on the benefits of this technology, especially for industry. But 5G – like any other wireless communication – can be manipulated. Currently, the industry is mostly communicating via wired connections, which makes it hard for attackers to infiltrate the communication. If major industry sectors only rely on 5G networks in the future, they open attack vectors to criminals that weren’t there in the first case. This is why one of our experts in this debate argues: Wireless protocols are not redundant communication channels!
In our pursuit of a more connected future, we must place equal focus on the security of those connections, devices, and applications.
This SME workshop is organised in the framework of the European Project Cyberwatching.eu, which will contribute to making the Digital Single Market a safer place by promoting the uptake and understanding of cutting-edge cybersecurity and privacy services emerging from Research and Innovation initiatives across Europe.
- Steffen Mauer, Co-Founder of Atlas Intelligence GmbH
- Jean-Philippe Boever, Owner & angel investor at GridCop / Manager at Eolis Media Company
- Enrico Frumento, Cybersecurity Senior Domain Expert at CEFRIEL
- Sebastiano Toffaletti, Secretary-General at European DIGITAL SME Alliance
Join us live on 12 April to be part of the discussion! There are two ways in which you can participate:
1) Register below and join the webinar to get a chance to ask your questions in person and interact with the experts!