Second SWForum.eu Workshop: Research Challenges, Collaboration, and Coordination in European Software Engineering Projects
WORKSHOP ON RESEARCH CHALLENGES, COLLABORATION, AND COORDINATION IN EUROPEAN SOFTWARE ENGINEERING PROJECTS
Online workshop: 29 June - 1 July, 2021 (16:00-17:30 CEST each day)
The SWForum.eu project aims to create a self-sustainable online forum that facilitates and encourages both researchers and practitioners as well as projects in software, digital infrastructure and cybersecurity to create intersections of expertise and a multidisciplinary approach to research and innovation.
In this light, the project is organising an online Workshop on Research Challenges, Collaboration, and Coordination in European Software Engineering Projects.
The purpose of this workshop is threefold:
- discuss about open research challenges that are of interest in the European Software Engineering community;
- discuss about collaboration opportunities among European projects in the area of software engineering;
- understand how to develop a self-sustaining and self-governed research forum at the European level.
Call for contributions
We are looking for inputs by the community on research challenges to discuss. Please submit your contribution by following the button below. For each challenge we are asking you to provide:
- The context/application domain in which your challenge is relevant
- The definition of the challenge
- Why it is important
- What do you want to achieve from the discussion
- How do you think we should organize the discussion around the challenge
- Your contact information
The submitted contributions will be evaluated by the members of the SWForum.eu consortium. The proponents of accepted submissions will drive the discussion around their challenge at the workshop. We foresee an initial talk by the proponents (5-10 mins) followed by a discussion with the audience.
- Wednesday, 16 June 2021: challenges submission
- Friday, 18 June 2021: notification of acceptance
- Tuesday, 29 June 2021: discussion session around challenges
The workshop is free of charge. You can register here:
The workshop will be organized in three one hour and half sessions with the following schedule:
29 June 2021 16.00-17.30 CEST: Research Challenges in Software Engineering
What are the software engineering themes you think we should research in the future? To answer to this question, we will discuss around two to four challenges that will be proposed by the workshop participants (see the call for contribution)
30 June 2021 16.00-17.30 CEST: Collaboration opportunities
16.00 - 16.30 Two-minute elevator pitches, one per project/initiative
16.30 - 17.00 A possible taxonomy of projects based on the SWForum.eu Radar
17.00 - 17.30 Discussion about possible collaborations among projects
1 July 2021 16.00-17.30 CEST: Coordination Plan
16.00 - 16.30 Open discussion to collect the needs from the European projects/initiatives
16.30 - 17.00 Presentation of the SWForum.eu idea for self-sustainable coordination
17.00 - 17.30 Discussion