SWForum European forum of the software research community addresses ICT-50-2020 as a Coordination and support action (CSA).
SWForum will raise awareness and strengthen the competitiveness of the European Software Industry by facilitating a sustainable European forum for stakeholders representing scientific researchers, providers, developers, operators and policy-makers relevant to software technologies, digital infrastructures and cybersecurity. The 30-month project will maintain a practical approach addressing all the needs of a pragmatic, coordination structure required for the E2 unit.
The outputs of SWForum include:
- Cross-fertilization workshops between the areas of software, digital infrastructures, and cybersecurity,
- A self-sustainable forum of researchers and practitioners supported by a fellowship programme as an innovative funding instrument and an online platform to share experiences,
- Research and Innovation Roadmaps for the EC policy officers and stakeholders,
- EU-project radar to enhance the visibility of European based software technology projects, and
- Market TRL methodology as capacity building and engagement facilitator towards Policy Innovation.
The Consortium is competent, lean & complementary. Coordinated by TECNALIA, enabling key penetration into the research community (via EARTO2) & supported by 4 experienced partners in ensuring significant impact with expanding the reach of the project and boosting the results. Partners range from academia & SMEs, with strategic leading European players, combining business know-how and deep technical insights into Software Technology. Direct connections within the European Cyber Security Organisation (ECSO – CONCEPTIVITY as Vice Chairman of the Board and TECNALIA as Board Member) and the European Organisation for Security (EOS - CONCEPTIVITY as Vice Chairman of the Board and TECNALIA as Board Member guarantees that SWForum.eu truly does represent and reach the broadest community of stakeholders.