DevOps Innovation in Practice: New lifecycle processes, new applications
Thank you for joining us at the SWForum webinar series.
The third webinar series took place on 20 April at 11:00 (CEST) and provided an overview and key insights and innovations in DevOps lifecycle processes, practices, and culture, as well as some of the exciting new results coming out of R&D projects dedicated to advancing the state of the art in DevOps for advanced software systems.
Watch the recording now! Access the complete speaker presentations and unlock valuable insights from our recent event.
Born in the wake of the agile movement in the early 2000s, DevOps has today become one of the primary drivers of continuous software engineering. By integrating software development and IT operations, it has helped to achieve unprecedented levels of workflow automation and rapid feedback.
But our ever-more ambitious applications are placing new demands on our development practices and lifecycles. While DevOps originally emerged from the web programming context typical of agile projects of the time, its success has motivated its use in complex development contexts such as dynamic, mission-critical cyber-physical systems, cybersecurity, and heterogeneous digital infrastructure in the computing continuum.
These challenges have in turn led to innovation in DevOps lifecycle processes, practices, and culture. This webinar will showcase some of the exciting new results coming out of R&D projects dedicated to advancing the state of the art in DevOps for advanced software systems.
- Software technology and digital infrastructure communities
- EC-funded H2020 and Horizon Europe projects
- Policymakers and decision-makers
- Software Engineering Experts
- SMEs and Large industries
11:00-11:05: Welcome & Overview
- Juncal Alonso – SWForum Project Coordinator, R&D Project Manager, TECNALIA
11:05-11:15: Keynote 1: DevOps Innovation in Europe
- Radosław Piliszek - Senior IT Architect at 7bulls.com
11:15-11:55: DevOps Innovation in Practice: Insights from the EU-funded projects
- COSMOS: New DevOps pipelines for efficient development of cyber-physical systems
- Sebastiano Panichella - ZHAW, COSMOS Technical Director
- DESTINI: Smart Data ProcESsing and SysTems of Deep INsIght
- Damian Tamburri - Eindhoven Univ. of Technology, JADS / Politecnico di Milano
- VeriDevOps: DevOps for faster verification of cybersecurity requirements
- Andrey Sadovykh - SOFTEAM, VeriDevOps Technical Coordinator
- PIACERE: DevSecOps for an Infrastructure-as-code Framework
- Matija Cankar - XLAB d.o.o., PIACERE Technical Coordinator
11:55-12:25: Panel discussion
- Moderator: John Favaro – Trust-IT and SWForum.eu
- Damian Tamburri - DESTINI
- Andrey Sadovykh - VeriDevOps
- Matija Cankar - PIACERE
- Radosław Piliszek - 7 bulls.com
12:25-12:30: Wrap-up and closing remarks
Did you miss our latest webinar series on open source and standardisation?
No problem! You still have the opportunity to catch up and benefit from the valuable insights and recommendations shared by EU-funded projects in this field. You can watch the video recordings and download the presentations and post-webinar reports from our webinar series on:
- Leveraging OS technologies for better services in the European software ecosystem
- Software Technologies and Standards: Enabling Interoperability and Innovation
The key highlights and recommendations from this event will be published soon!
Don't miss out on this chance to stay up-to-date on the latest trends and developments in software, open source, cybersecurity, and digital infrastructure. Join the SW Forum and engage in meaningful discussions with other professionals in the field. We value your feedback and look forward to hearing your thoughts!